Saturday, May 06, 2006

Work hard , rest is "Jujupi"

Well, if you want to know what Jujupi means, then you should ask its meaning to any Rajanikanth Fan or Prof.Dr.P.K.Viswanathan(Currently teaching us Business Statistics, a very renowned prof, and an awesome teacher.His "tam-glish" keeps everyone sleepless in class, I mean its very humorous).
It means, simply , "simple". First of all, I sincerely apologise for being late in updating my log.I am having a tough time, getting into class after a gap of almost 3 years,
and concentrating in the class. And I must say I am succeeding in maintaining my concentration levels in place.
Jokes apart, I have a serious thing to say, and probably the first discussion of a bad thing happened. I am offering my sincere condolences to Pramod mahajan(I believe it was because of his KARMA, oh god im getting 'philosophical').A great leader and person indeed, and I was his fan too.
Back to class, last couple of days was a miniscule manifestation of more profound things to come.I had philosophy and business statistic lectures.Where philosophy was into, educating us about the spirituality, importance of religion , duties, karma which are described efficiently by vivekananda, and are mentioned clearly in updanishads
Business statistics was into the back-to-square of mead,median, standard deviation stuff.
Whatever it may be, one good thing about philosophy is that , it makes us the Indians feel proud about our culture,how different we are from others,and how well can we use Indian philosophy to be efficient leaders. However I do not believe in the concept of testing someone in philosophy, but as our prof Dr.Venkat krishnan says, we are a part of a model and we need to follow. So we are here not only understanding the philosophy but also reading and studying to get good grades.The best part during the lecture was students trying to contradict vivekananda and prof defending and convincing us by his counter arguments.




Statistically interesting


Now comes the other one, business statistics. This lecture is full of number crunching and data analysis.The best part is the assignment which asks us to analyse any one particular Indian stock , and its performance in last 800-1000 transactions.Well, as many might have guessed, our work group decided to work on Infosys stock.
Hey I forgot to mention that, our college believes in "Test individually, rate groupwise" theorem.So it is up to us to make sure that, before any class we guys in a group need to be prepared for any questions.Coming back to assignments we need to finish it up by 20 May. It looks like a lot of time, but its not the only assignment which we have, there are some other which are following............... :-((

1 Comments:

Blogger Laks said...

dude..u rite every itsy bitsy detail in ur posts n complain that i am doin so.... HUMPH!.... anyways...heres to all of our future for the next one year!!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home