Thursday, May 11, 2006

Macro(economic) Jolt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macro(economic) Jolt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be thinking whats this JOLT all about. Even I am yet to find answers about that. Thats the talent of a prof like 'Dr.RAKESH SINGH'(former NMIMS prof,again a highly acclaimed teacher and scholar too.I have heard that he is god in economics,and he says that he knows only 40%. I respect his modesty).
We (all students) thought that the going was little tough with both philosophy and statistics, then came the actual shock, and we all are yet to recover from the jolt.
I would like to add something worth reading here from a slide shown by Dr Singh

"
A student of business with tact
Absorbed many answers he lacked
but acquiring a job,
he said with a sob,
HOW DOES ONE FIT TO ANSWERS TO THE FACT?
"
I assume that I dont need to explain it. Brains which are little smart can comprehend its meaning.
Macroeconomics was the class about, and it was the first class. We were asked a lot of questions including our expectations from course, fundamental unit of analysis and lots. We were even given a case to ponder on. It was indeed an interesting one.I have heard of incipient screwing , but experienced for the first time. I discovered this word during my REC days, this term means that getting screwed but you get to know only after you are out of the situation.
We were exactly in the same situation.We thought we had a good time but over a cup of coffee after the class, we were sure that we are screwed.
Dr.Singh is one of the smartest prof I have seen. He was threatening us, as the sametime was theoretically polite. I especially liked his "Deadlines are sacrosanct" statement.
He gave us a whole assignment on National Income, we have to analyse the National incomes from 1990 to 2006, and need to submit on wednesday.
He also wants us to do a project, on any given 3 topics. I am not interested in telling you all the topics but, the topic our group chose is "India in Electronic media in 2025".
Now you can understand why I was cribbing. We have no other option but working on it. If you say whats so "GOOD" about, when I am cribbing about it, I think that its going to be good learning for me. Since coming from IT background, I have rarely tried to understand various economic theories. Now I dont have any option but understand them:))
Each course in a term is going to have 20 contact hours with profs, but we were to told to do 80 hours of preparation for those 20 hours. So you all understand the situation.

Guys tomorrow is another hectic day. We have to start working on the KARMA YOGA project, where we need to find some powerless people and work with them for their empowerment. We need to take care of that for next 3 months.This is part of philosophy.

I think its hightime to shed the serious academic 'goodies'


Entertainment ka TADKA


"Na jaane koi , kaisi hain yeh zindagani
Hamaari adhuri kahani
"
If you are wondering that this is my sher(not tiger),you are totally wrong. This is a song from movie Gangster.We friends have watched this movie out of our busy schedule, and it was like an awesome break. Movie was good, with some wonderful acting by shiny ahuja and the leading lady. I must say for all those guys interested in watching pretty babes, this heroine is awesome.Songs were awesome, especially the above mentioned one.I really love the 'rock'ification of hindi songs, and the bangladeshi singer James rocks here.For all those , who wants to get entertained, do watch this movie. But for all who expect happy endings, avoid this.
Well, I will stop for now. Need to work on probability so that I avoid any incipient ----- Well you all got it :)))))))))


wishing you good times

sachin

2 Comments:

Blogger Laks said...

oy sachin... i agree yaar.. sometimes rocky kinda petrifies me though :P... all in the game i guess... :D...

11:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Truly my friend !!!! he is a God !!!

We are experiencing the same which you did years ago !!!

Hats off to Dr Singh ..

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home